1. EFFICIENT WORKPLACE : In a construction business your customers are your business. Hire people who are skilled, motivated and responsible towards their work. Regularly reward and promote your employees and motivate them to take part in every business activity.
2. SELECTIVE NATURE IS THE KEY TO A PROFITABLE BUSINESS: It's not wise to simply win more business. Just expanding your number of jobs or contracts comes to no use if you are not selective in nature and thus you it may lead you to a fall although you possessed numerous sales. Being selective is a habit worth adopting.
3. NO COMPROMISE ON QUALITY: Never sacrifice the quality you deliver in any case. If you are piled up with so much work, request client for a little more time but delivering a product which is not up to the required standards would be a great loss to your company in long run. Always remember that more and more happy customers results in more long term profits and credibility of a company.
4. UTILIZE YOUR STRENGTHS: Always play in your area of strength. Find your niche and excel over it to maximise your profits. Show your Expertise in those areas and get specialisation in specific industry to push out your competitors. Remember that a specialised firm is way more effective than an all rounder industry.
5. PROVIDE GREAT AFTER-SALES SERVICES: After-Sales Services is as important as Pre Sale. Don’t just focus on increasing your sales while your After-Sales is poor. Manage both of them efficiently and simultaneously as most of the customer retentions are via After-Sales Treatments provided to them.